Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Election Day 2014



On this election day, November 4, 2014, I was faced with a moral dilemma rather different from anything I've ever dealt with.

I mean, elections haven't really been pleasant for a long while.  It's pretty much been a case of voting for the least offensive candidate.  But this time...it was especially difficult.

As a professing Christian, I cannot, cannot vote for any candidate from the party that loudly and emphatically booed God at their national convention.

And yet, how can I in good conscience vote for a candidate who willfully and knowingly violated several counts of state law to secure his party's nomination?  

It was a truly agonizing decision.  But one day last week, I was reminded that the lesser of two evils is still the lesser of two evils. 

And so, I hitch up my britches and head to the polls, where I will hold my nose and vote for the one I consider to be

the lesser of two evils. 


No comments: