Monday, April 07, 2014

Monsoon Season

Yep, monsoon season is here.

It rained all day yesterday, and I do mean all day long.  And all night long, too.  It was still raining when I got up this morning, but cleared off during the day.  But it's supposed to rain again tomorrow evening, too. 

Anyone know where I can get some gopher wood?

Speaking of, I have not seen the new Noah movie and I don't intend to.   The reviews I've read indicate that it takes quite a turn from the Bible story.  Seriously, take the Bible out of a Bible story, and all you have is a fairy tale.

Don't just take my word for it, here is a review from someone who actually saw it:  Noah Review

While you're over there, check out some of his other posts, especially his newest one about how Jesus wasn't really a nice guy. I'm not sure where this modern idea that he was a mild mannered pansy came from.  He wasn't the doormat that he's been made out to be lately.  I would have though the flipping tables and chasing people with a whip would have been your first clue.

All right, then...

Back to my life.  A while back, I started a Clapotis with some Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome Select, having decided that the yarn is simply unsuitable for socks and any remaining stash would be knit into scarves or hats. 


I'd set it aside for a while to work on some other things, and yesterday when I picked it back up, it just wasn't speaking to me.  I wasn't loving it.

I think it was the yarn.  It just didn't want to be a Clapotis.  I may try it again with a yarn that has much more subtle color changes than this yarn does.  So, what did I do with the yarn?  I ripped it out and started a simple offset rib pattern.


I know it's kind of hard to see in that picture, but the pattern is as follows:

Cast on a multiple of 4.

Row 1:  K2 P2 to end
Row 2:  K1 *P2 K2* Repeat to last stitch, K1

As you can see, I've only done about an inch, but I'm thinking this yarn doesn't want to be that scarf either.  It's kind of telling me it wants to be knit up in linen stitch.

And I'm screaming, "Nooooooooooo!!!!!!" 

Not the dreaded linen stitch.  Please not the dreaded linen stitch.

Alas, the yarn wants what the yarn wants, and over the years, I've learned not to argue with the yarn.  I guess I'd better go find my linen stitch pattern.

Sigh...

No comments: