Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Updates

Despite the nausea which typically accompanies Doxycycline,  I am feeling much better now.  The fever is gone, and the soreness in my neck is nearly gone.  The rash is still stubbornly hanging on, but it's starting to fade just a little bit.  They still haven't gotten the blood test results back, but he said it'd take 4 to 5 days to get them.  No matter, as long as I'm getting well.

Since I didn't really feel like doing anything for several days, I watched a lot of Dr. Who, and did a lot of knitting.   The sock is coming along. 


I'm almost to the heel flap.  Just a couple more inches to go.

I also cast on a new hat with one of the yarns I bought the day Christi and I went shooting and shopping.


I didn't really think it would be making a spiral stripe like this.  I was hoping for a more variegated look.  This color is called Lotus.  Hmmm, I would have called it Fall Foliage, myself.  But they didn't ask me.

And the blanket is coming along, as well.


Kindly ignore my foot.  Thank you.

In better news, I'm taking 4 days off work week after next-- May 20-23.  That's a Monday through a Thursday.  I couldn't get the Friday off, or I would have taken the whole week.  Anyway, I've got my eye appointment and mammogram scheduled for Monday.  The rest of the week, I'm going to take a vacation. 

Well, it'll have to be a staycation, since I can't really afford to go anywhere.  I want to go up to the zoo on one of those days, and I want to try to get together with Christi and/or Amy another one of those days.  The third day, I don't know yet.  I'm sure I'll think of something.

I'm open to suggestions. 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You are one up on me. I have not scheduled my mammo. I hope you feel right as rain again, soon!