Thursday, October 06, 2011


Yesterday did not start off well.  OK, any day that starts off at 3:30 AM does not start well, but that goes without saying.

But I was in the snake room eating my breakfast at the ungodly hour of 4:00 AM --because it was warm in the snake room--when I heard a thumping and a bumping.

"I wonder what Jesse done got into now," I said to myself.

I went into the living room to check on him, expecting to find him tossing his rope toy about like he often does.  But to my horror, the sight that met my eyes was not a rope toy, but this:

Yes, it was the hat I'd been knitting from the JoJoLand Fantasia I bought at Hank's Saturday.  Pay close attention to the Chiao Goo bamboo needle that is broken in half. 

ACK!  That is just too much to deal with before the sun is even up!

I inserted the little darling back into his kennel, and rather forcefully I might add.  I have no recollection of ever uttering the words, "going back to the pound."

After I got home that evening, I tried to tink back, but ended up just frogging the whole thing and starting over.  It's a pretty quick knit anyway.

I'm almost back to where I was before the hat had it's unfortunate encounter with doggie teeth. The needle, unfortunately, is irreparable. (The orange yarn is waste yarn from the provisional cast on.)

After my heart started beating again, I drove on down to Jackson for my root canal.  I got lost.  See, they've moved to a new location, and well, I turned left when I should have turned right.  I called them and told them I was lost but I was on my way.  I eventually found the place, and after apologizing profusely for being late, the root canal was underway, and done.

I was done by 8:30, so I went and hung out at Wal-mart until the stores in the mall opened at 10:00.  I ended up not buying much of anything, because by that time, my deadening was wearing off and my 3:30 wake up call was catching up to me.  I did get Cody a few things because his birthday is next week.   

Although these might not make it to him.

By that time, I was just ready to come home, but I did want to stop in at the yarn shop first. Only I couldn't remember if it was North or South of the mall. I drove in circles for a few minutes, and eventually found it-- after I'd turned right when I should have turned left.  I didn't buy much thre, because she is kind of pricey. 

I couldn't pass this up, though.  Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in the colorway 1776 Liberty. 

Fitting for soldier/sailor hats, I thought.  I also got another ball of Cascade 220 Superwash, but only one, because she is a bit more expensive than Hank's. 

And I broke down and bought a Zauberball Crazy.  I don't see a color name or number anywhere on the label, but I like it. 

I was hoping to find some more JoJoLand Fantasia, since I'm enjoying knitting that hat so much, but she didn't have any.  She had clover DPNs but not the Chiao Goo.  She was heavy on the Noro, and seemed to carry mostly the high dollar stuff.  She did have some Alpaca Silk in a 50/50% blend that I drooled over extensively.  But at $15 for a 50g hank, I had to pass on that. 

I did briefly consider stripping naked and jumping into the bin with it, it was that soft and squishy.  It was difficult, but I managed to restrain myself.

I know you're glad of that.

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails