Friday, October 28, 2011

Socks N Stuff



Sport weight sock #1 is done!  I used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind off, which is surprisingly stretchy.  Basically it adds a yarn over in between each bound off stitch, which is what makes it surprisingly stretchy.

I had the day off of work, due to inventory.  I'm glad, too, because it was cold and raining when I got up this morning.  I was able to let the dogs out, laugh at their misfortune--because you know, they had to go out into the cold rain and I didn't-- bump the heater to daytime temps, and crawl back into my nice, warm bed while the house warmed up. 

Speaking of, Jesse has been really good about staying close to the house.  I've been able to let him out by himself, and he's always stuck around, so that's one less thing to worry about.  He's also been very good in the house while I've been at work, so I think I can finally take that big honking dog crate out of my living room.

Anyway, I took one more step into the world of modern technology today.  The cable man came and hooked up my cable TV.

Gee, first voicemail, now Cable.  What is this world coming to?

Just to prove that I haven't completely strayed from my Luddite ways, I wrote my channel list out.  In longhand.  On paper. 


So there.

No comments: