Tuesday, October 18, 2011

No, I Haven't

Just in case some of y'all think I may have forgotten how to knit, I haven't.  In the midst of my case of the blechs this weekend, I still managed to finish a beret.  The interesting thing is that what makes a beret a beret is that you block it over a plate. 


Then, when you take it off of the plate, it has that classic beret shape.


Thank you, Charlotte for modeling for us.

The pattern is Through The Woods.   The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Supersocke DK, in the colorway Cabin Fever.  I knit it on size 6 needles.  I have quite a bit of yarn left over, so I'm thinking of doing another one.  However, if I do, I'll go up to a size 7 for the body of the hat. 

My heater came on for the first time today.  It's supposed to get down into the 30s for the rest of this week.  That means my days of going barefoot are just about over.  I'd bought a cute little pair of house socks at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago.  Oh, they are soft and squishy and warm.  The only problem is that they don't stay on my feet.

It only took a couple of days of walking around with my socks squirming their way off my feet to decide to just knit my own.  So, I bought some Stroll Sport, since I wanted something slightly thicker to wear without shoes.   Never having knit sport weight socks before, I wasn't sure how many stitches to cast on.  No problem.  I just cast on toe up. 

All I have to do is increase until they cover my giganto clown feet, and we're off to the races.


The colorway is Stream Heather.  There is no pattern.  I'm just using basic sock construction and will probably add a K2 P2 cuff. 

Now that it's starting to get cold, I have a feeling the blankie will be calling my name more and more.

Before I go, just a quick observation.  How in the world is the Post Office going broke?  With as much junk mail as I get, you would think they would be rolling in the dough.  You know the Do Not Call list?  I think they need to make a Do Not Send Junk Mail list as well. 

You heard it here first.  Call your senators. 

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I really like the beret - very cool. The cooler weather is wonderful - now I can break out the socks my friend knitted for me.

Becky G said...

Thanks, Lou. I'm loving the cooler weather, too!