Thursday, October 13, 2011

Here We Go Again.

It all started when Rylea decided to be jealous.

See, she's never cared about sleeping in my bedroom before.  Not even when I was...um, scared, and didn't really want to be in there alone.  I tried to get her to come in there.  She wouldn't have any of it.

Well, Jesse sleeps in my bedroom.  Not in the bed, but in my bedroom.

Last night, Rylea decided that she was missing out, and by golly, she was going to sleep in the bedroom, too.  OK, fine.  No problem.  Buuuut, when I got up at 11 ish to go to the bathroom, I stepped on her.  In truth, I barely bumped her, but being the drama queen she is, you'd have thought I was killing her the way she howled and yowled.

No big deal.  She got over it.



Everything was fine, until somewhere in the three o'clock hour, when Jesse got too close or something and all hell broke loose.

Now, it's one thing to be awakened in the middle of the night.  To be awakened by snarling, growling, and loud barking is another thing altogether.  To be awakened by snarling, growling, and loud barking in your bedroom, well that takes things to a whole new level. 

 I like to have come out that bed. 

I hollered at them, which settled things down for about ten minutes, then it all started back up again.  I ended up kicking Rylea out of the bedroom, whereupon, she barked a few more times -- just to have the last word in.  Or would that be, the last woof in?

Needles to say, she is banned from the bedroom until further notice.

Not that she seems to care.  She's back safely snuggled in on the love seat. 


And the world is once again as it should be.

P.S.  Jesse has come a long way since I got him two months ago, but for some reason unknown to me, he is still very very afraid of --the camera, of all things.  Maybe someday, I'll get a decent photo of him, but it won't be today. 

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

The rat terrier sleeps on our bed, but in his own doggie bed. Yeah right! It is amazing how many times he falls out of his bed and is up between Toby and me.

Becky G said...

I've never allowed any of the dogs to sleep in the bed with me, though Jesse gets in it when I'm not looking.