Sunday, October 30, 2011

I Am The 1%



I live in a nice house. It may not be fancy, but it is warm and dry. I have comfy furniture to lounge upon as much as I like. I get food just given to me.  I get the finest veterinary care there is.  I've got a pretty cushy life.

Yet there are those who think my mama shouldn't be able to have me.  They want to force my mama to turn me out.  To make me fend for myself.

Do they know what happens to animals who have to fend for themselves?  They are cold, wet, and hungry.  Constantly on the run.  Chased.  Shot at.  Sometimes shot.

You know what?  PETA can kiss my behind.

I'm staying right here. 

I am the 1%.

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Ah, such is a dog's life. We are dog-sitting this week. We have a chocolate lab and a regular sized Schnauzer staying with us. They are sleeping in the house - probably won't want to go home at the end of the week.

Becky G said...

Yeah, they just don't get it. A few years ago they were trying to get the University of Georgia to replace their bulldog mascot with an animatronic one- citing that it was cruelty to have him at the games and whatnot. That dog lives better than 90% of people in this world.

PETA doesn't really care about animal welfare. They've shown that over and over. It's all about power to them.

Unknown said...

Our dog is sometimes too naughty (just like any other kids) but is truly a stress reliever. Like us humans, they also deserve the comfort they need.

Kelly of KZ Audio Video