Sunday, February 20, 2011

Oh, What A Beautiful Day!!!

And that's what it was. Sunny, warm, with just enough breeze to keep it from being too hot.  And what did I do on this beautiful day? I sat inside and knit.

After church, of course.

The hat is coming along.


I really like the way the colors are coming out. It makes me think of eating Neopolitan ice cream on a summer day.  The only thing that concerns me is that it seems to be coming out kind of small.  It's not yet long enough that I can stretch it over my head to see, though.  Oh, well.  It'll fit somebody.

Look, another Friendship blankie sighting!   


I've gotten all the yarns I bought on my latest trip to Southaven added to it.  I haven't added all my new Cherry Tree Hill yarns yet, though.  I'm getting there.  I'm almost 1/3 of the way through.  I'd be farther if not for my stubborn insistence on not repeating yarns until I'm at least halfway done.  Any offers of leftover wool sock yarn would be greatly appreciated.  It only takes about 25 yards to make a square, so whatever you can spare, I'd love to take it off your hands. 

I did get Snow and Slider's tanks cleaned.  They got complete substrate changes, and the rest got spot cleaned.  True to form, I dumped about half a bag of aspen shavings on my freshly vacuumed carpet. 

Note to self:  In the future, vacuum after cleaning snake tanks. 

You'd think I'd have figured that out by now...

*Sigh* 

2 comments:

Sus said...

I was hoping you'd pull out the sock blankie soon -- I haven't seen it for awhile! I love seeing it grow!

Becky G said...

Thanks, Sus. Slowly but surely, it's coming along.