Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Ten on Tuesday On Wednesday

Yeah, yeah, I know.  I'm a bit behind.  Story of my life...

This week's topic is What Is On Your Night Stand.  I was going to get all creative and take a photo, but you know what?  It's past my bedtime, and I just don't wanna.  Maybe I'll take one tomorrow and edit this post, so if you really want to see it, check back later.  OK, here goes:

1.  Dust.  Might as well just go ahead and get this one out of the way right away.  Yep, there's dust on my nightstand.

2.  A lamp.  Useful for reading and going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  It has a little nightlight in the bottom just in case I needed to get up without disturbing anyone who might eventually one day be sleeping next to me, but you can't turn the nightlight off without turning the bright light on, so it's kind of pointless.  I don't think there's even a bulb in it any more.

3.  A phone.  A house phone, which I never answer anyway.  No one calls my house phone any more except the dentist.  Everyone else knows to call my cell phone.  And if you don't have my cell number, I probably don't want to talk to you anyway.  Or I just haven't gotten around to giving it to you.  If you really want it, let me know, and I'll PM you.

4.  The controller to my electric mattress pad.  'Nuff Said

5.  A glow in the dark Pez dispenser.  Don't ask.  Even I don't know.

6.  Three cough drops, and a Dr. Pepper bottle filled with water.  Just in case I break into fits of coughing during the night.

7.  Various lotions and hand creams.  For some reason, people seem to think I need tons of lotion, because I usually get some for Christmas every year.  If only I could remember to use it, it might actually do me some good.

8.  Three books.  They are Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, Take Your Eye Off The Ball by Pat Kirwin, and The U.S. Constitution and The Declaration of Independence.  My Bible is in the drawer. 

9.  A box of kleenex and two things of nasal spray.  Since I am allergic to everything in existence, this is pretty much a given in every room of the house.

10.  A letter written to me by a co-worker expressing his desire to become more than just friends.  It almost broke my heart to reject him, because he is the nicest, sweetest man you'd ever meet.  I just didn't share the same feelings.  Still, I can't seem to bring myself to throw the note away.  Every time I try, I remember how badly his hands were shaking when he gave it to me.  Then I just can't do it.  Sometimes, when I'm feeling down, I read it again, and it brightens my day.  Just a bit.

Well, that's what's on my nightstand.  What's on yours?

P.S.  The snake photos went over really well at work this morning.  The Other Rod, not to be confused with Former Group Leader Rod, still wants me to give him one, but it ain't happenin'.  Sorry, Rod.  Get your own snake.

I'm keeping all of mine.

No comments: