Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Baby, It's HOT Outside


Any way you look at it, it is HOT.  I've been absolutely miserable at work this week, and not just from the heat.  You've heard the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?  Well, there have been bosses and engineers all over the place busily trying to fix what ain't broke.  And as typically happens, they're just making things worse.  The funny thing is, if they'd just listen to those of us who really run the plant, we could tell them what needs to be done.  But they won't.  They're the bosses, and we're just peons.  What would we know about anything?  They're driving us all crazy, and that stress is part of the reason behind my rant of yesterday. 

There has been some sock progress.


Not as much because I haven't had as much time to work on it.  Still, I should get it finished and the second one cast on over the weekend.  Sunday is the Hall of Fame game, and I took Monday off, too, so I could stay up and enjoy it without thinking about how tired I would be at work. This photo is not true color, though.  The actual yarn isn't nearly that bright.  It's still pretty, though.

Squeaky says,


"I'm a cat.  I'm not supposed to cooperate."

1 comment:

Opal said...

look at that temperature! yikes!

squeaky is adorable. :)