Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Socks and Shawls, and Good Long Walks

I've made some progress on the Bubble Wrap sock.

I made it to the end of the second pattern repeat, but I really, really wanted to see how the Gingerbread House knit up. So I cast on a second sock.

It's a simple garter rib. No pattern, just basic sock construction.

I finally made it to chart 5 of my Anniversary '09 shawl.

Yeah, most people have long finished this one, but I've taken my time. Well, mixed in with long periods of setting it aside, that is.

Finally, the weather was warm and dry enough I could take Rylea for a walk. I'd meant to grab the camera on the way out the door, but I walked right out without it. Be that as it may, we both enjoyed the walk, though it wasn't as long as usual. They've been working us late at the plant the last few weeks, so it's sometimes hard to get in a long walk and be back before dark. Anyway, with as many bunny tracks as I've seen these last few weeks, there must have been a population explosion among rabbits. The other day--Friday, I think it was, I was walking and saw hog tracks. That's when I decided to head back to the house. People laugh, but hogs are dangerous animals.

Oh, well, I'm going to bed.

No comments: