Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Saturday of Surprises

The plan was to get up and go to Southaven shopping. I wanted to go to the zoo, but the sky was gray and overcast, and it was supposed to rain on and off all day. I managed to catch the only two minutes of blue sky during the whole day.

But when I went to get the mail, I found two packages. Woo hoo!

And what was in those packages? Well, one contained yarn.

Single balls of inexpensive sock yarn that I'd ordered just for the blankie. Some of us are organizing a swap, so I'll also have enough to share.

The second box contained three movies.


Miracle, Invincible, and A Little Princess--because that's just who I am. I also got this one, though it didn't come in the mail. I found it yesterday in the $5.00 rack at Wal-mart.

So I decided to forgo the yarn shop, and spent the afternoon watching movies and knitting on the blankie. It was a good day for it, too. It was chilly and damp, and it did rain a bit off and on throughout the day. I took this photo out the back window.


My print got here yesterday, too. It's been a good two days for mail.


As if that weren't enough, I have a long weekend, too. Monday we have a plant shutdown day. We're heading into our peak season, and will be hitting it hot and heavy pretty soon. We're launching 5 new products this spring, so they decided to shut the plant down to do some maintenance. No pay, but we'll probably work enough overtime to make up for it. I'm thinking about heading up to the zoo then.

In other knitting news, I had to rip the mystery shawl back to the lifeline. Well, I supposed I didn't really have to, but it just seemed easier. I thought I'd take the time to spread it out and get a picture.


I haven't picked it back up yet. I've kind of lost interest in this one. I was loving the pattern at first, but it's gotten a bit tedious now. Tomorrow is pi day. You know, 3/14. I was thinking about casting on a pi shawl to celebrate. The one I really want to do is Elizabeth Zimmerman's Pi shawl from her Knitter's Almanac, only I don't have that book. Ann has offered to send me her extra copy, but it won't get here in time. Maybe I'll just choose the yarn and wind it tomorrow. That's sort of like starting it, isn't it?

No comments: