Monday, March 13, 2006

A Very Dull Day

It has been a very dull day today. In fact, I have nothing to post about.

I've been forgetting to post my weight these last few weeks. Today it was still at 130'. I was rather proud of myself this morning. I got up and did all my empty hand kata, and one of my weapons kata. I was sweating before I even got to work.

Cody is home on spring break this week, so I rented him some movies to keep himself occupied. I rented:

  • Sky High--not bad, surprisingly
  • Superman--yes, the one with Christopher Reeve, Cody had never seen it
  • Free Willy 3--The last one they made, thank goodness, they were getting worse as they went on
  • Flintstones Christmas Carol--didn't get to see it over Christmas because our tape messed up
  • Operation Dumbo Drop--embarrassing to admit, but I cried

and for myself: Emma--I love this movie so much that the first time I saw it, I decided to start calling everyone Mr or Mrs.

If you've never seen Operation Dumbo Drop, I highly recommend it. It was a whole lot better than I expected. I thought it would be something ridiculously silly like Larger Than Life, in which Bill Murray plays a character who inherits his father's circus elephant, then has to transport it cross country somehow. It is still a good movie, but ridiculously silly in spots. ODD was nothing like this. It was very realistic, and I blubbered like a baby in one spot. I won't say what it was because it is a spoiler. But try it, you'll like it. It is a good, mostly clean family movie with only a couple of profanities in it, no sex, and very little violence--considering it takes place during the Vietnam conflict.

Well, for someone with nothing to post about, I've rambled on quite a bit. I'm going to go watch The Donald now and start on my new drawing book: Drawing for the Absolute and Utter Beginner. I'll post the exercises as I get them done.

No comments: