Friday, March 17, 2006

They're Here!

The baby snakes got here right on time yesterday.


This is the little bloodred. She doesn't look very red right now, but as she grows, she'll get a bit redder with every shed. I'm calling her Garnet for now. I don't know if it'll stick or not. It sounds too harsh for such a sweet little girl. I'll get better pictures of her when she's settled in a bit.

This one is an amelanistic with the recessive gene for lavendar. He doesn't have a name yet, but I'll be sure and post when I've named him. He seems a bit bolder than the bloodred, but I'm still giving him a proper settling in period.

I'd forgotten just how tiny hatchlings can be. They are both about as big around as a pencil. That is great, because I already have pinkies in the freezer. And fuzzies, and hoppers, and weanlings, and adults. Heck, I won't have to buy mice for these for a year!

No comments: