Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Difference Between Men and Women

Today was the day for our semi annual dental visit. Not one of our favorite days. Jennifer, the hygenist, came and got me, and Cody was waiting in the waiting room. Dr Moody didn't have any patients, so he decided to clean Cody's teeth himself so we could get out of there faster. I heard him tell Cody that we'd be done about the same time.

Wrong.

About halfway through my cleaning, Cody came into the room where I was. I asked him if he was done already and he responded that he was. I looked at Jennifer and said, "We talk too much."

That's the difference between men and women. Cody and Dr. Moody got in there and got his teeth cleaned and checked and were done. Jennifer and I talked. About work, our kids, horns and antlers (she didn't know the difference), who's been sick, who's gone on vacation, how tall Cody has gotten, how tall Dr. Moody's son has gotten, etc., etc. No wonder it took us so long.

Been reading my Drawing for the Absolute and Utter Beginner--hereafter referred to as DAUB--but have not gotten to any drawing projects yet.

Three of my snakes have shed since Friday. I got to see Snow shed for the first time. I've seen Onyx shed many times, and Sunset once, but this is the first time I ever saw Snow shed.

First the head sheds,

Then the middle part of the body is wriggled out of, turning the old skin inside out, much like peeling off a pair of socks.


Finally the tail pops off, and she is done.
The she looks at me as if she were saying, "Am I beautiful, or what?"

Yes, Snow, you are gorgeous.

I got an e-mail saying my two new snakes have been shipped and should be here by 10:30 tomorrow morning. I've given Cody a boatload of instructions on what to do when they arrive. He's like, "yes, mom, I know what to do already!" I'll hardly be able to sleep tonight! So I'd better head for bed.

3 comments:

Buck said...

Fascinating pics, Becky!

Becky G said...

Thank you Buck. I hope to get the rest posted in my Webshots online album soon. I'll post a link when I'm done.

Becky G said...

I would imagine it is a lot like peeling off panty hose. I don't believe their new skin is tender. Remember, when we are sunburned, we have damaged our skin. Shedding is a natural process that snakes go through many times a year. We shed as well, but we do it one cell at a time. Snakes just do it all at once.