Sunday, March 19, 2006

The Babies

Here they are, the new babies:

This one is the female bloodred. She will be mostly solid red when she is grown. It'll be interesting to watch her grow. I'll be sure and post periodic updates on her coloration.

This one is the male amel het lav. He's not likely to change colors too much, just get bigger. I held them both briefly today, then fed them. They seemed so tiny compared to Sunset and Snow, who are both getting close to two years old. And they both ate their pinkies like champs. That is a load off my mind. The only one I've ever had trouble getting to eat is Sunset, and wouldn't you know, he's still my most difficult feeder.

I've spent most of today watching DVDs and knitting. I watched Mrs 'Arris Goes to Paris. A very good old movie starring Angela Lansbury and Omar Sharif. The rest of the afternoon was occupied with the British comedy Keeping Up Appearances.


2 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Those are some beautiful little snakes - striking! Will we see some sketches of them soon?

Becky G said...

I don't know. I'm concentrating on getting through that book I'm reading right now. I tried to draw one of my other snakes about a year ago, and found out that snakes are surprisingly hard to draw.