Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Surprise!

One more day!  One day more until I'm off for four days.  I'm already working on my to-do list for the weekend, so I can get busy ignoring it.  I'll tell you one thing, I'm planning on going somewhere and recording another vlog for you -- if I can pry my hiney out of the chair, that is.  

Let me tell you something, this weather has been so nice here lately.  I stepped outside this morning and it was only 67.  I got confused and frightened there for a moment, thinking I'd gone through a wormhole to somewhere up north, but no....It really was just that cool.  Frankly, I can't wait until it's like that all the time. 

In other news, Idalia made landfall early this morning.  I overheard a conversation about it between two of my coworkers that went something like this:

Coworker #1:  That hurricane came ashore about 8:00.

Coworker #2:  But it's only 7:30!

Coworker #1:  Florida is an hour ahead of us!

Coworker #2:  But wouldn't that make it 6:00?  

 OK, moving right along....


Some months ago, I jokingly posted on Facebook that I was going to start a YouTube channel where I opened surprise parcels, and that if anyone wanted to send me a surprise parcel, I'd film myself opening it.  I did get one a few weeks after that, but it turned out to be yarn I'd ordered and had forgotten about.  

Today, when I got home from work, there was a box waiting in my carport.  I thought it was the new work jeans I'd ordered, which confused me because they're not supposed to arrive until tomorrow.  However, when I saw the return address, and who it was from, I squealed like a girl.

Someone had taken me seriously and sent me a surprise parcel!  True to my word, I filmed myself opening it. Here for your viewing pleasure, is that video: 



If anyone else wants to send me a surprise parcel, we can do this all again.  

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go browse knitting patterns.  I've got a huge cake of yarn to use up!  Heck, I may even make something for myself. 

For a change.   

No comments: