Thursday, August 03, 2023

I Made It!

I made it!  Both through the day and through this week.  It wasn't easy to do either, I'm telling you.  It was hot inside the plant -- even hotter than yesterday.  


We even had someone fall out from heat exhaustion, and it's a wonder that hadn't happened sooner.  But we made it, and now I've got three whole days to sit in the air conditioning.  The heat is supposed to break sometime early next week, and I can't wait.  Neither can The Bard.


I'd originally planned on going into town and getting my shopping done today, so I wouldn't have to go anywhere tomorrow.  All that changed along about 10:00, when about half the employees walked out the door.  At first, I thought they'd sent people home early due to lack of ... something..., but then it hit me.

"It must be meet the teacher day"

That was confirmed by my coworker, and that's when I realized after meeting all those teachers, every single person in Grenada county would be crammed into Walmart buying school supplies.  Yeah, I think I'll just wait and go in the morning. 

In the meantime, I'm going to huddle in the air conditioning and knit a bit.  See, here's a hat I finished. 

I'll soon cast on another one, which I'll show you at a later date. Like, after I've knit it.  

That's about it for today.  I've got to get ready for the ball game.  It's only pre-season, but hey, it's football!  

Another sure harbinger of fall. 

No comments: