Monday, August 14, 2023

Look What I Found!

Well, I finally got my act together enough to get Blaze's old tank cleaned out and hauled to the shed.  I was fretting the whole time, because I was sure I'd drop it and break it, but thankfully, I didn't.  It wasn't that heavy; it was just big and had no handles on it.  I'll confess that I cheated a bit and used the wheelbarrow for part of the journey, just to be on the safe side.  

I asked Cody if he and Brennan wanted it, but he said no, so I guess I'll have to deal with the local marketplace group.  I won't be giving that one away, but I kind of will, because I'll sell it for pretty cheap.  No, I don't want to get more fish, either.  I'm tired of taking care of things.  I need to take care of myself for a while.  

All that to say, while I was doing that, I found a skein of Knit Picks Brava that I forgot I had, so naturally I cast on a new hat. 


Just as soon as I'd finished this one, that is. 


Which I did yesterday while re-watching an old favorite for the umpteenth time. 


This used to be part of Cody and my Saturday night routine, before he out grew watching British comedies with his mama.   I didn't have cable at the time, and this was before streaming became a thing, so the only channels we got with my little rabbit ears were PBS and NBC.  So, we sat and watched Keeping Up Appearances, followed by As Time Goes By, then whatever came on after that.  It could be Doctor Who, or The Vicar Of Dibley, or Fawlty Towers, or any number of comedies.  All that changed when Britbox and Acorn came out, and PBS lost their licensing for a lot of BBC shows.  I mean, you can still watch some BBC on PBS, but a lot of the old favorites are only available on streaming now.  Fortunately, I have these on DVD.  I'd forgotten how good the show is.  

In work news, today was another one of those days when it was hotter inside the plant


than it was outside. 


When it's hot like this, they pass out Gatorades after lunch.  Today, it was so hot, someone got onto the loudspeaker and said, "We need those Gatorades today!"  Sure enough, it wasn't long after that, here came Marlin and Bernard passing them out.  The good news is, we have a weak cold front pushing through the area, which is expected to drop the highs into the upper 80s for the next few days.  But then it'll get hot again -- just in time for my nephew's wedding.  At least theirs won't be outdoors.  

Speaking of, it's this weekend, and I'm at my I don't want to go!  I'm going to cancel and stay home! phase of the trip.  I won't, because I really want to see my sister and her family, but the introvert in me is seriously objecting to the whole thing.  I just wish Cody and Brennan were coming with me.  I don't know if they're even going to be able to go, but it would be fun if we could make a road trip out of it.  

And finally, it's almost bedtime here in the Fine Martial Household and I still haven't practiced my piano, so let me just leave you with this little bit of humor I found on Facebook:


P.S. Does anyone come here from MeWe?  I know I keep posting links to that site, but it feels like I'm shouting into an empty room.  If I'm not getting any traffic from there, I'm going to stop.

No comments: