Saturday, August 26, 2023

Monday

 It's supposed to break on Monday, they say.  This heat.  It's supposed to break on Monday. 

There are a lot of us who can't wait.  This is what was on my back patio yesterday when I got home. 


They took pity on us at at work and let us leave early, and for once, I didn't argue with them.  After surviving the week we'd just had, I decided to reward myself with a little treat.  


Then, because I didn't want it to be lonely, I got my pumpkin soap dispenser and put it out in the kitchen, even though it's only got plain soap in it. 


What good are Fall decorations without Fall smells, so I picked this up as well. 

I was a bit bummed that I couldn't find just the refills in this scent, because I've got tons of the warmers.  I started not to even get it, but I really liked the scent, so I splurged just a bit. 

As for today, it only got to 102°, but that was still enough to make me stay inside and huddle in the air conditioning.  

It wasn't enough to make me not drink coffee, though. 

I don't think it'll ever be that hot. It was pumpkin spice coffee, so there is that.   

I know, I know, it's not Fall yet.  Not until next Friday, but still...since I was on a roll, so to speak, I went ahead and hung one of my wreaths on the front door. 

That's it for now.  I'll get the rest of the Fall stuff out next weekend over Labor Day.   There was a rumor going around the plant that we were going to be off all next week, but that turned out not to be true.  There is another rumor that we'll get next Friday off, but I have vacation for that day anyway, so I'd have gotten it off anyway.  In fact, I've worked my last Friday for the year, since I normally save all my vacation to get these long Fall weekends.  

I'd gotten into that habit during the last recession, when we worked 4 days a week for the latter half of the year.  I kind of got spoiled to having three day weekends, so now I do it on purpose. 

While I was huddling in the air conditioning all day, I finished another hat.

This one is knit with Knit Picks Brava in the Freesia color way. 

And I watched Notre Dame vs. Navy.  I had to turn my Peacock back on to get the game, which was a bit of a bummer.  I'm going to have to figure out how to watch CBS Sportsnetwork to get the rest of the games.  I'm trying to figure out if I can get it with a Paramount + subscription, but I can't find that info anywhere.  I may try the free week, just to see.  

If anyone has Paramount +, let me know, OK?  

No comments: