Thursday, January 28, 2021

The Worst Day Ever

This has been the worst day ever!  


My absolute all time favorite supervisor retired today.  At the end of the shift, he walked around saying goodbye to all the employees.  I turned to my coworker and said, "I feel like I want to cry!"  

We're going to miss him out there, but I'm so happy for him.  I know he'll be spending his days doing exactly what he wants to be doing -- spending time with his family, and fishing. 

After he'd passed through our department, I said, "I feel like we should give him one of those last call thinks, like the police do when one of them retires."  So we got someone to get on the P.A. and give him a shoutout.  She told him to go find his favorite fishing bank and get on it.  

I'm sure he appreciated that. 

Even though he's got a boat...

Then I get home and turn on the governor's press conference, and he makes the announcement that MEMA director Greg Michel is retiring.  Sigh... just shoot me now.  

Oh, don't get me wrong.  I'm sure his replacement will also do an outstanding job, but Mississippi has had a rough year this last year.  A very rough year -- from historic flooding in the Delta, to killer tornadoes, to a record setting hurricane season, and all in the midst of a global pandemic.  Through it all, Col. Michel has been a rock.  

To put the final stake through my heart, Fakebook is cancelling Mike Rowe's Returning The Favor series.  

And with that, I think I'm going to go to bed early and get this day over with as soon as possible.  


Good night. 





No comments: