Wednesday, January 27, 2021

I Remembered!

Sometime during the workday today, I remembered what it was I was going to tell you yesterday.  And that something is as follows.

My weather radio works.

You remember the weather radio my friend Kristine sent me for Christmas?  Yeah, it works.  Night before last, we had some severe weather come through, and let me tell you, that alarm is loud.  With a capital L.   

The only thing, I've got to figure out how to set my locations better.  The tornado warning that set my alarm off was for Alabama.  I have to set it for my county, and the surrounding counties.  I don't really need to know about tornadoes in Alabama.  

I mean, I do, but I don't need the alarm going off for them. 

Oh, and by the way, a tornado did touch down in Alabama, thus marking our entry into spring tornado season...

Joy, joy...

I also remembered I was going to tell you I cut off my Frendly TV.  I'm trying to trim expenses, and I'll probably only watch that one for the Hallmark Christmas movies.  However, when I went to my account on the website, I discovered I'm paid up through mid- July.  I forgot I'd bought the annual package.  When I turn it back on, I might go for the month to month.  I'll turn it on at the end of October, and back off sometime in January -- once I've watched everything I DVRed. 

That's about it for the catching up, so here are the promised photos of one of my sock yarn blankets. 


It's gotten so big, I have to hold the camera way up over my head to get a picture.  I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to make it.  At least a few more rows for sure.  

On a related note, I think I'm going to start saving up for a new DSLR.  Or maybe I won't.  I just ran over and checked prices.  Whooo boy!  

I guess I'll have to wait a little longer on that...

Bummer.  


















No comments: