Friday, January 15, 2021

Finally Friday

You know how it is when the alarm goes off, and it's cold outside and the bed is so warm, but you have to get up anyway even though you don't want to?  

Didn't happen to me today.  

Ha!

I'd taken a vacation day to go to the Oxford Fiber Festival tomorrow, but now I'm not sure I'm going to go.  None of my friends are going, and it's going to be outside, so I may just stay home.  I probably will just stay home.  

I'd planned on running a few errands today, but ended up just staying home.  A few weeks ago, I found a series of books called Twisted Tales.  They're fairy tales, but with a twist.  For example, what if the enchantress who'd put the spell on the Beast was Belle's mother?  And what if Aladdin hadn't gotten the lamp back from Jafar?  

I've already read those two, and have started the third -- in which Ariel never defeats Ursula.  

Anyway, I wanted to watch Aladdin again, because it's been so long I don't remember a lot of it.  Instead, I found the new live action version.  It was pretty good, but not as good as the Robin Williams version.  

While I was still on Disney+, I saw The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe.  I haven't seen it in a long time, so I watched it, too.  Then I watched Prince Caspian, and now I'm watching Voyage Of The Dawn Treader.  

In other words, I haven't gotten a single thing done all day, except untangle some yarn barf while watching four movies. 




I didn't even light a fire in my wood box, because I didn't want to go out and and lug up some firewood.  That's how lazy I've been today.  

I still intend to practice my piano, though.

Just as soon as this movie is over.  
 

2 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

I'm so glad this week is done. It's like there's been something in the air this week.

I wish I could say I got to do nothing today, but ... I had work.

Enjoy your weekend!

Otter said...

I am nursing a cold. So doubt I will do much except knit on my new project.