Saturday, January 23, 2021

For Want Of A Title

Because I simply can't think of one.

I've been having a hard time blogging lately, because there just doesn't seem to be that much to talk about.  I'm going to try to do better, though, and be more consistent with my blogging.  It may be boring, but I need to get back into the habit.  

So, what shall we talk about today?  Oh, yeah, I know.  

We've had another positive COVID case in the department.  Of course, I won't tell you who it is to protect the person's privacy, and most of you won't even know that person anyway, but let's just say, by the time all the dust settled, several people had been put into quarantine, including both the group leader and the back-up group leader.  We were leaderless.

The supervisor came around and asked one of the brazers who she thought would be a good person to fill in for the next two weeks, and you'll never guess who she told him.  Or rather, who she didn't tell him.  Would make a good fill in group leader...

If you said Stalker, give yourself a cookie. 

I know that had to burn him up, because before he got his demotion, he fancied himself to be our group leader -- or even worse, one of the supervisors.  He even told me once, "Me and the other supervisors..."  in a conversation.  I'm sure he's seething at being passed over like that...

And, just in case you're wondering, she didn't recommend me, either.  I had to be a group leader for a few days years and years ago.  The regular group leader was out having surgery, and the powers that be decided they needed the back up group leader for some sort of scrap survey thing.  The supervisor came to me and said, "You're going to be group leader for the week.  Run the department."  No training, no instruction, no advice whatsoever.  I had to wing it. 

Good thing I'm good at winging things.  

Nevertheless, I hated doing it, so I'm glad they didn't pick me this time. 

Let's see, what else has been going on?  

I'd been practicing my piano lately, and noticed a strange rattling sound as I struck the keys.  "Oh, no!" I thought, "My new keyboard is falling apart already."  Nevertheless, I kept on practicing over the next few days, determined to keep playing until it as long as it would play.  

Last night, I finally figured out what the problem was.  Do you see it?  

It's the clip I use to hold my music books open.  I've been laying it down on the keyboard, and the vibrations cause it to rattle.  I'm kind of embarrassed at how long it took me to figure it out. 

I blame sleep deprivation. 

Speaking of sleep, I needed a new pillow and decided to splurge.


Normally, I'd never allow myself such an extravagance, because they're not cheap, but Mike Lindell has come under fire from the woke scold Karens, and we need to stand up for these solid conservative businesses.  It's taken a minute to get used to it, but I think it'll be a comfortable pillow once I break it in. 

Besides that, inside the box, I found this:  


It's always nice to get a Bible verse with your new pillow.  

No comments: