Saturday, December 29, 2018

We've Had One, Yes,

But what about Second Christmas?

It all started a couple of weeks ago, when I was talking to my sister about what to get my nephews for Christmas.  In the course of the conversation she said, "I'm going to order yours tomorrow."

A few days later, a rather large box arrived from Amazon, which I assumed was from her.  Since we'd also discussed not paying extra for the gift bags, I just put the whole box under the tree.  When Cody arrived Christmas Eve, I got him to take the box and open it to wrap what was inside.  However, when he did so, we discovered that it was not from my sister, but instead, the box contained a gift from my brother Scott.

I figured the gift from my sister was still on the way, and would arrive the next day.  December 26 came and went, and no box.  December 27th came and went, and I began to get a bit worried, especially after the next door neighbor's dog tore up my outside decorations.  I messaged my sister and asked her to check the tracking numbers, because the gifts hadn't arrived and I was worried they'd been destroyed by the aforementioned dog, or stolen out of my car port.

She did some digging and discovered that for some reason, the order hadn't gone through.  She doesn't know if she forgot to hit the last "Place Order" button or if there was a glitch or what.  She hadn't received an order confirmation e-mail and had no shipping information.  She apologized profusely, I told her not to worry about it, and she re-ordered everything.  The first gifts arrived today.

These are they.


She'd asked me why I had all those children's books in my wish list.  It all goes back to when I was making a list for my co-worker's grandson -- the one for whom I bought The Monster At The End Of This Book.  I ran across so many of my old childhood favorites that I wanted to put back into my library.  I began adding them to my Christmas list.  She sent me these two.

I squealed like a girl when I opened them.  Wait, I am a girl....

OK, then.  My sister said there is supposed to be another package that won't arrive until late next week, so I reckon I'll have a Third Christmas, then.  Or will it be Elevensies Christmas?  Whatever, I'm getting more presents!

Those books were not the only things that arrived today.  The replacement wax melter also came, and --good news-- it arrived in one piece!


I have already put it to good use, and it works just like I hoped it would.


It was so easy!  I just dropped a wax stick into the bowl, lit the candle, and waited for it to melt.  Once it was melted, I used the spoon to scoop out some wax, and voila', easy peasy. By the way, one of you is going to receive a hand written letter with a snowman seal made with my new wax melter.


Not going to say who, though...You'll just have to be surprised!

The last thing in the box was the new pair of binoculars I ordered with my Christmas money.


They are significantly stronger than my Dad's old pair, and are much lighter in weight.  Another cool thing about them is the lens covers are attached, so I don't have to try to remember where I put them! 
I haven't seen the deer yet, but I spent a good deal of time watching the birds at the feeder.

Not much else has been going on since I blogged last.  We are in that time between Christmas Day and New Year's when nobody knows what day it is, or what time it is, or have I taken a bath today, and good lord eat a vegetable, woman!

In spite of the holiday nothingness, there has been knitting going on.  I finished this hat.


Then cast on and finished this one.


This is with the new Americana Red Heart I bought.  It's an 88 stitch cast on.  I think next time I'm going to use an 80 stitch cast on, to see if my stripes turn out more even.

We'll see how that goes.

No comments: