Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Most Amazing Friends

I have the most amazing friends, y'all.  Sometimes, no, many times, I wonder how I got so lucky to have all of you in my life.

Last night, I posted an urgent prayer request on Facebook.  It didn't say anything other than please pray for my friend, right now!

And you did.

You didn't ask questions.  Nobody asked who you were supposed to pray for, or why.  You simply did it.  You hit your knees.  You fell on your face before the Throne of the Father and interceded for someone you don't even know.

I'm pleased to report now that your prayers were heard, and my friend is much better now.  She'd been in the hospital for a few days, having had a mild heart attack.  She was all set to go home.  They'd already signed her discharge papers and everything.

Suddenly, her blood pressure shot up to terrifying levels, and wasn't responding to medications.  She turned to me, and I turned to you.

I didn't even know I had that many friends.

I just wanted to pass on from my friend how grateful she is for your prayers.  She read every name that responded to my plea, and said a brief prayer for each of you as well.

I am, we are, truly blessed to have you in our lives.  A simple word of thanks doesn't seem to be enough, yet I will say it anyway.

Thank you.  To all of you.

Thank you.


No comments: