Thursday, December 06, 2018

The Deed Is Done

The Deed being my root canal.

It was a tough one, I tell ya, but it's done now. 

First, since we wanted to save the existing crown, he had to make the access hole as small as he could, to preserve the structural integrity.  If he made it too big, the crown could break.  But the smaller access means he had less room to work.  He had to do more reaching -- so to speak -- to get all the infection cleaned out. 

Secondly, the tooth underneath the crown is crooked.  When my dentist put the crown on, he made it look straight.  Basically, the tooth and the crown don't line up quite right, so that made drilling difficult. 

And finally, because the tooth had had a very deep filling before being crowned, it had started to calcify around the nerve.  He had to clean all that out before he could start cleaning out the infection. 

I'll have to admit, I have never been this sore after a root canal.  I feel like I've been hit in the face with a baseball bat, and what with my ibuprofin allergy...I am taking Tylenol and swishing with warm salt water, but that's about all I can do for now.  I'm seriously rethinking my decision to go on in to work tomorrow.  I'll see how I feel in the morning. 

I'd originally planned on doing some window -- and possibly real -- shopping afterwards but I didn't.  I went to Barnes & Noble, and wandered around for a few minutes, but really, I just wanted to go home.  I walked out without even buying anything. 

Hard to believe, I know, but it happened. 

After I got back home, I ran by the bank and paid my house note, then did my weekly shopping, so that's another deed that is done.

I think the next deed that will be done is for me to go to bed.  I'm going to take care of that right now. 



1 comment:

Henry Jones said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.