Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Still Here

There I was at work, just a working away, when I had to step away for a moment.

OK, I had to answer nature's call.  I have a coworker who never says she's got to go to the bathroom.  She says she has to step away.  Whatever you call it, that's what I had to do.  On the way back, I saw it posted.  The work schedule.

All areas are scheduled to work Friday

Now, for those of you who don't know, last January the plant moved to an alternate work schedule, in which we work 6:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday through Thursday, and have a three day weekend every weekend.  If we work Friday and Saturday, it's considered overtime.  Also, for those of you who don't know, where I work, December is usually the slowest month of the year.  And here we are, scheduled to work a Friday.  In December.

I can't even remember the last time that happened. 

Yes, I can.  It was 2005.  Or thereabouts. 

For reals. 

Now, technically I don't have to go in Friday, since I have a vacation day tomorrow.  Per company policy, if you schedule a vacation day Thursday, you get Friday and Saturday off as well.  If I want to, I can stay home.  But, as much as my body is telling me to stay up in the bed, my bank account is telling me, "Girl, you'd better get your but out of that bed and go to work!"  Especially after I found out how much my root canal is going to cost.   Yeah, I'm kind of thinking that I won't be doing much shopping after said root canal after all. 

All that to say, this is going to be a quick post, just to let you know I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, and I have in fact, finished another hat.


I'm debating whether to put a pompom on it, now that I know how to make them. 

Finally, look at this!  Actual presents under my tree. 


After all the dental work I've had done this year, that may be all there are, too. 






No comments: