Saturday, November 10, 2018

I Know, I Know

I said I wasn't going to post unless something interesting happened, but something interesting did happen!  Well, it's interesting to me, at least.

And what was this interesting thing that happened?  I got stuff!!

First, a bit of back story.

When my sister was little, someone gave her a book called The Monster At The End Of This Book.  Or maybe it was my brother.  I don't remember.  Either way, I loved that book, and read it more than my sister did.  Or brother, I don't remember.  I loved it so much I bought it for my own son when he was little.

One day last week, my coworker was telling me something cute her almost 4 year old grandbaby did.  His antics reminded me of the book, so when it popped up in my Amazon suggestions, I knew I had to get it for him.


While I was on the website, and because I still had Christmas cards to seal, I tossed some of those wax beads into my cart as well.


The set I got has three hundred multicolored wax beads, plus three little drawstring bags to store them in.


It also included a melting spoon, which is much larger than the spoon I already have.


I put on a cheesy Hallmark Christmas movie and spent the morning happily melting wax and sealing envelopes.


After stamping several, I started experimenting with putting multiple colors into the spoon to create a marbled effect.  Naturally, I did red and green.  For Christmas, you know.


The wax looks bubbly because I got it too hot.  It'll take a lot more practice before I can make the beautiful stamps I see in YouTube videos.

Next, I mixed purple and gold.


I'll just let you guess who is going to get that card.

Then I mixed maroon and white-- or as close to it as I could get. 


I'll let you guess who is going to get that one, too. 

And at least one of you is going to receive a fouled anchor in the Navy blue and gold.  Or as close to Navy blue as I could get...


I sealed so many cards, I ran out of friend and had to beg a few addresses.  If I didn't ask for yours and you want a card, please don't hesitate to let me know.  I'll be happy to send you one.  Oh, and if you got a card last year, you're already on the list, so you're good to go. 

What I really want, and I found it on Amazon, is a stand for melting wax.  It has a space to hold a tea light, and a metal bowl over it.  You can fill up the bowl with wax, and once it's melted, just scoop out what you need.  That will make doing a bunch of cards at once go a lot faster.

In other news, I think I'm getting the hang of using my wood stove.  I was able to keep the house at a comfortable 72' all day, without letting the fire go out.  I still haven't turned on my house heater -- other than testing it to make sure it still works, and to burn the dust off the coils. 

I wonder how long I can keep that going...

Finally, I still don't know if Cody is going to be able to come for Thanksgiving.  Right now, it looks like he's not.  I haven't decided if I want to fix a big dinner for just me, but I bought and boiled down my sweet potatoes anyway.  I put them into the freezer, so I can keep them until Christmas if needs be. 

Then again, if I cook a big Thanksgiving dinner, I can put it all into the freezer and it'll be all ready for Christmas. 

I don't know.  I'll figure it out next week.








No comments: