Saturday, June 09, 2018

Surreal

It almost seems surreal.

Having a Saturday off, I mean.  We've been working so much lately, it seems odd to have a day off. 

There were rumors going around the plant, but then, there's always rumors going around the plant.  Along about 2:45, they posted the work schedule.  Almost everyone was off.  Edna who used to read my blog, but isn't on Facebook any more had to work.  I leaned casually against her stand and asked, "You mad?"

This being a family blog and all, I can't repeat here what she told me.

Once she'd stopped cursing, she asked me what I was going to do with my weekend.  I said I'd probably sit in front of the TV, but if I could get myself up and moving, I might go to the Farmer's Market on the square.  Then again, I've been saying that for three years.  Not sure what would make today any different.

I work up bright and early, and got dressed.  I have some wasps up in my eaves.  I think I've pretty much gotten rid of the hornets and red wasps, but I have dirt dobbers everywhere.  I've tried wasp spray and wasp traps, but they don't work very well.  I found a tube of silicone sealant, so I thought I'd try to seal up where they are getting in.  I got up and did that, then thought, "Well, I'm already dressed.  Might as well drive up to that there Farmer's Market."

I was hoping to find some figs and tomatoes, but I guess it's still a bit early in the season for those.  There was one table selling vegetables, but I didn't buy any -- though that squash and zucchini was very tempting.


This lady was selling garden plants, tomatoes and peppers and the like.  I didn't buy any of those, either.


These two tables were selling jams, jellies, and relishes.  The one under the canopy also had home made cookies and fresh eggs.


There was another lady selling plants.  She had lots of lantanas, ferns, and potted plants.  I bought this one.



It's another variety of moss rose.  I'd wanted one of these kind, but hadn't gotten one.  I took another picture of it a few hours later after all its buds opened up.  It sure is pretty.


The only other things I bought this time were some cookies and this jar of muscadine jelly.


Maybe if we get another Saturday off later on in the year, they'll have more stuff out.  After my little trip downtown, I came home and spent the rest of the day in front of the TV. 

Well, except for mowing, that is.  But look, my little moss rose that I thought was going to die made a full recovery -- so much so, it's got blooms!


I was looking at my fire place the other day, and thinking I really need to get back to work stripping all that gunky paint off.  I went into my snake/craft/computer room looking for some more Easy Off, and I couldn't find any.  Had I really used up the whole case?  I didn't think I had, but I guess I did. 

I really need to get that room cleaned up.  Don't know when I'm going to do it, I just know I need to.





No comments: