Tuesday, June 26, 2018

It's Hot

It's so hot in the plant the front office people actually ventured out onto the shop floor to pass out cold sports drinks.  This is highly irregular.  Usually, when someone from the front office has to come out onto the shop floor, they dart out, do what they have to do as fast as they can, then dash pell mell back into their air conditioned office space, leaving us poor peons to the heat. 

I've decided to start submitting human interest stories for publication in our company newsletter.  I'm not holding my breath that they'll actually use them, though.   If they publish a human interest story written by a *horrors* shop floor employee, they might have to start admitting that we are indeed humans.  We can't have that, now, can we?

Boss Man has bad knees so the company has gotten him a motorized scooter to ride around the plant.  It looks a lot like a Segway, except it's got three wheels.  He's been having the time of his life on that thing.  He's like a kid who just got his first bike.  We've taken to calling him Paul Blart -- just not to his face. 

Well, the plan was I was going to make a sign that says "Hello, My Name Is Paul Blart".  Then I'd get one of my coworkers to distract Boss Man and I'd stick the sign onto his scooter.  Turns out, somebody beat me to it.

Boss Man is now zipping around the plant with this image taped to the front of his scooter. 


And I have a sudden hankering to watch Paul Blart: Mall Cop.





No comments: