Saturday, June 30, 2018

He Jinxed Us

As we were leaving work yesterday, one of my coworkers said, "Maybe tomorrow will be better.  I don't see how it could possibly be any worse." 

Yeah, he kind of jinxed us.  Today was worse.  Much worse. 

When I made my rounds this morning, not only did none of the lines have work, they all had units sitting on the conveyors waiting on headers.  I rushed back over to sub brazing to try to get some headers ready for the shifts, only there was nothing ready to braze -- for any line.  It was another one of those days. 

I don't know what's happening on B shift, if they're having machine troubles or a lot of people out, but I'm getting tired of going in every morning with no work, and the lines right on us.

So, after work, I went to the store, and kind of on impulse, I said to myself, "Self, I think it's time to fire up the old grill and grill some brats or something."  Me being me, I don't see the point of burning charcoal just to cook one or two pieces of meat, so I bought a bunch of chicken thighs to put into the freezer for later.  I also got some ribs, and of course, the brats. 


I'm planning on doing all that grilling tomorrow, but for now, I'm going to bed.  Because I'm tired. 

Good night.

No comments: