Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Irony

Some people just don't get it.  Irony, that is...

"I'm not going to come down here and bug you," says a co-worker as she is down here bugging me.

Well, I thought it was funny. 

Russell is still doing well.  Up and walking and all...


My friend who works right beside me went through the same thing with her mother a while back, so she's been kind of filling me in on what is going on.  Today she told me a funny story.  Her mother had her aortic valve replaced with an artificial one, which made a ticking noise every time her heart beat.  One day, my friend's daughter came home and said, "I've got to tell you something emergency about Grandma."  She said emergency instead of important.  She was very young at the time. 

Anyway, she said, "I've got to tell you something emergency about Grandma.  She's got a bomb in her chest.  I heard it.  We need to take her to the doctor!"

I found the rest of my Easy Off.  I knew I hadn't used it all up.  Now I can start bricking again.  So, yay!  I really need to get that done, but what with these long hours -- and I know it's by choice, but I can't turn down the opportunity for overtime -- it's slow going.  One day, I'll get it done.  One day...

Finally, a big of good news.  My neighbor stopped by to tell me they'd gotten the glass for my door in, and the guy is going to put it back up tomorrow.  So, yay-er. 

That's about all I have for you tonight. 

Until next time. 

No comments: