Wednesday, February 14, 2018

The Things I Think About

I hadn't planned on blogging tonight, because I didn't really have much to say.  However, today a coworker used one of my favorite words: peon.  I thought, "Wow!  I must be influencing people more than I thought!"

Definition of peon:  someone who does a lot of work for little pay.  Fits us to a T. 

Anyway, I thought, "I can't just let that go!"  So I had to come up with something to blog about.  And what I came up with is this.

As I've mentioned before, my job is a bit of a no-brainer.  Or else, I've been doing it so long I don't really have to think about it any more.  I just plug in and my brain checks out.  And oh, the places it goes -- any where from planning my flower beds to the role of Henry VIII in the establishment of These United States Of America.  From classical music to Sunday School songs.

The foolish man built his house upon the sand
The foolish man built his house upon the sand
The foolish man built his house upon the sand
And the rains came tumbling down...




One day last week, I was thinking about my grandparents.  My dad's parents were Mammaw and Pappaw.  My mother's parents were Grandma and Grandpa.  For some reason, when signing birthday cards, my Mammaw always signed "Mamo" and "Papo".  I don't know why, it's just how she did it.

Grandma had a stroke when I was 3 ish, which left her partially paralyzed, including her right hand.  Grandpa took over all the birthday card signing.  He signed them "G'paw" and "G'maw".  I don't know why, it's just how he did it.

Is the Prime Directive even a valid order?  I mean, just by meeting someone, your presence influences him in some way, so there is no way to not interfere completely -- unless you just stay home completely. 

Man, my electric bill is triple what it was two months ago.  I thought it was because of all the cold last month, but I over heard a coworker saying his increased by over $100, and he has gas heating. 

Last summer when I was staying over on second shift, there were some people who were downright hateful to me about it -- implying that I had something going on with the group leader, and that was why I was getting the extra hours.  I just ignored them.  It was the supervisor who asked me to stay late.  The group leader had nothing to do with it.  Anyway, I find it funny that the one who was the most horrible hasn't signed up to work overtime yet.  I guess it wasn't that important, then.

BTW, if I ever get fired from my job, I already know why it'll happen.  One of these fool men is going to grab me just one time too many. I'm going to say to myself, "Enough is enough and I've had enough", and I'm going to turn around and bash his head in. 

Human resources?  Yeah, right.  I might have better luck reporting him to a brick wall. 

The God of Angel armies
Is always by my side

Half Price Chocolate Day just happens to fall on my regular grocery shopping day this year.  I'm not sure that's a good thing. 

I want a dream lover
So I don't have to dream alone

You frightened yet?  Just try living inside my head for a while.

One of my coworkers, in a fit of frustration said, "This will make you talk to yourself and say curse words!"  I've been giggling about it ever since.

This little light of mine
I'm going to let it shine

Not so much at 4:00 AM.  I just make the coffee a little stronger. 

Whee!!!

No comments: