Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Another One Of Those Days

I got to work bright and early this morning, filled my cooler with ice, clocked in, and headed towards my work area.  I put my stuff down on my brazing stand and went upstairs to run off the daily schedules.  I got them copied and passed out, then filled the flux pot.  I did my early morning clean up, and began to set up on the first order of the day.

One of the adapter tubes was bent wrong.  Oh, great.

I turned it in to the dispatcher, and he had the parts re-cut --and they were cut wrong...I knew right then what kind of day it was going to be.

Shortly after the shift started, I had to go over to the training center for a little refresher course in a type of brazing that I know how to do, but haven't done all that much.  It didn't take too long, and I was soon back at my brazing stand, ready to braze away.

The first order I set up on after getting back...had an adapter tube bent wrong.

I told Supervisor, "This is a sign from God that I'm not supposed to be here today, so I'm going home."

He said, "Noooo it's not."

I guess it was one of those you-had-to-be-there moments.

I wouldn't have left work on the last day of the month anyway.  Too close to getting another attendance bonus, and every penny counts, right?  Fortunately, the rest of the day passed without too much of a hitch.

Then I came home to this:


Yay, daffodils!

Eventually, I want to dig up that entire bed and move all the daffodils up against the west side of the house instead of having it out in the middle of the yard.  I was thinking about doing it this year, but the recent cold has been very hard on my spider lilies.  They look rough, so I'm going to give them another year to recover before digging them up.


I was thinking of making a daffodil/spider lily bed with one of those curving, irregular edges.  I'm sure you can imagine what I mean.  On second thought, I realized it would be a pain in the patooty to mow around, so I'll probably just do a boring, rectangular bed like every body else.

Speaking of mowing, I think I'm going to hire a boy to do my yard this summer.  If any locals know a reliable kid, who is reasonably priced, clue me in, Okay?

Good news, I had thought this one succumbed to the cold.  I left it outside all through that cold spell in January.  It looked like it died, but it's blooming again.


Now, we'll have to see how long it will last before the Mississippi summer heat kills it.




No comments: