Monday, February 05, 2018

I'm Back

I know, I know, it's been a while.  See, I've been dealing with just a touch of a cold and all I've wanted to do as soon as I got home from work was go to bed.  That's pretty much what I did.  Saturday night, I went to bed -- I kid you not -- at 6:30.  I woke up Sunday feeling so much better, and today, I'm about back to normal.  I'm still tired, of course.  Working long hours will do that to you, but I no longer feel like I'm about to collapse.  Today is the first time I've even felt like blogging in nearly a week, so it's going to be a bit of a catch up post.

I did work all three days this weekend.  Friday and Saturday weren't too bad, but oooooh Sunday...Sunday was something else.  So many people didn't even show up, and about half the ones that did left early.  They were calling people at home and begging them to come in and work, even if it's just for three or four hours.  I told the group leader of the line on which I was working I couldn't give her all three days every weekend.  I've got to take a day off sometime.  Even my supervisor asked me, "Are you getting enough sleep?" and cautioned me not to overdo.   I assured him I wouldn't.

Friday morning, I woke up from a dream.  In my dream, I was laying on my bed, coloring in my Introvert Activity Book, when suddenly, the room filled with the glow of the purest light.  The spirit of Jesus was there, embracing me.  He seemed to be saying, "I'm here.  I love you, and everything is going to be all right." 

I got up and started getting ready for work.  While I was eating breakfast, I checked into Facebook and found that my sister in law had had to rush my brother Russell to the hospital.  He was coughing and couldn't catch his breath.  They thought he might have pneumonia, but chest x-rays ruled that out.  The next thing was his heart.  They did some tests and found that he'd had a heart attack sometime between Wednesday and Friday.  They did a heart cath, and he has three blockages -- two of which are significant.  They can't put a stent in, though, because his heart is only working at about 25%.  Also, a valve isn't working right.  The doctors put him on blood thinners and another medication to help reduce the fluid in the sac around his heart.  He got to come home today, but has to go to a heart rehab place.  He's also got to give up running and working out. 

That's the hard part.  He's always tried to keep fit and healthy, but heart disease runs in our family. 

So, that's about it for today.  I ran by the store yesterday after work, because the cat was out of food.  I had an ibotta rebate for Meow Mix Simple Servings, so I started buying her those.  Now she won't eat anything else.  Oh, well.  She's 17 years old.  I'll let her enjoy her few remaining years.  But the point is, I had to go to the store, so I picked up some more painter's tape. 

One of my coworkers told me he never uses that stuff.  I have to, or I'd have paint everywhere. 

I was going to come home today and start painting trim, but yeah, that didn't happen.  I came home and just sat.  I want to paint these walls behind the entertainment center first,


so I can get all my furniture back into place.  Once I get all the heavy stuff back into place, moving Rylea's love seat and my recliner is easy. 

Eh, maybe tomorrow. 

There was something else I was going to tell you, but right now I can't remember what it is, so I guess I'll just go to bed.  Good night.

No comments: