Friday, February 16, 2018

Lost Mojo

Every day when I walk into my house after work, I'm still amazed at how much bigger my living room looks.  It's not a large room to begin with-- I think it's 12' x 15' -- but since painting, it just looks so much bigger. 

I've still got that last wall to paint the trim and stuff, which I hope I can get done this weekend.  I'm debating on whether I want to also paint this door, or leave it brown, or even paint it the same color as the walls. 


Well, if I don't like it, I can always sand it down to bare wood and stain it.  I'll figure it out eventually. 

I do want to replace this front door sooner or later.


I'd rather have a solid door, but that would break Jesse's heart.  Every morning, when I leave for work, he goes to this front door and watches me drive away.  Maybe I can get a door with one of those big oval windows in it.  They're pretty, and he could still see through it. 

Lately, I've come to the realization that I may have left my knitting mojo in Texas.  I've hardly knit anything since I got back.  Nothing is calling my name.  I even tried to cast on another red hat for the Little Hats Big Hearts program, but the ribbing is as far as I've gotten.  Maybe now that I'm almost done with painting the living room, the mojo will come wandering back. 

In the meantime, I need to figure out how to decorate this room. 


No comments: