Sunday, February 18, 2018

A Couple Of Sundays

I hadn't intended to work yesterday.  I'd signed up, but for some reason, my overtime wasn't approved.  I don't know why:  too many people volunteered, my name was overlooked, I only thought I signed up but didn't really, the guy who does the approving was tired of me complaining about how tired I am.  Whatever the reason, I was actually kind of looking forward to having a day off.  I had lots of stuff I needed to do around the house, and an extra day would give me a chance to work on some of it.  However, as I was walking out the door Friday evening, C shift group leader asked me if I was coming in Saturday.  I told him no.  He told me to to work anyway.

I said, "My overtime wasn't approved.  I can't just come in."  He went and got C shift production manager who said, "I need all the brazers I can get, so come on in." Thus, I worked Saturday.  And thus, all the stuff I'd planned on doing around the house Saturday didn't get done.  But I did get 12 hours overtime, so I'm not going to complain.

Before I left Saturday, a couple of people asked me if I were going to work today.  I told them no; I need at least one day to rest.  Even after I saw this morning that they were on FB begging brazers to come in...

The only thing I did today was to finish painting the trim in my living room.


Patience, Grasshoppers, I will get the door painted, too.  I'm going to take it down, remove the hardware, then strip and prime it first.  While I've got it down, I'll probably paint the inside of the door frame, too.  I put that one little spot of paint on it just to see how it would look if I painted it without priming it, but I found some small holes that I want to try to patch with wood putty while I've got it off the hinges.

On the whole, I think the living room looks really nice.


I put the ladder away, and moved the furniture back after I took the picture.  Figures I gotta do things backwards. 

Next step -- after moving the rest of the furniture back into place, that is -- decorating the place. I already know I want to replace that lamp.  It's plastic to begin with, and 12 years old.  It doesn't really go with the theme I have in mind, either.   I want this painting from one of my third grade teachers to be the focal point.


So, I'm thinking rustic, barn, countryside type decorations.  I don't know.  Decorating is definitely one thing I'm not good at.  I still haven't gotten anything put up on my bedroom walls, and it's been nearly a year and a half since I painted that room.

Also, I need to decide what to do with this ceiling.


I think I might have enough paint left from doing the bathroom ceiling to give it one coat, but I'm sure it would look better with two.  On the other hand, that paint is white.  I'm thinking if I do it a very, very light blue, it might look like a sky -- without being too overbearing.

Finally, remember the church I attended on Christmas Eve?  A couple of weeks ago, they were finally able to get back into their worship center -- after 5 months.


That is one happy bunch of campers!

(I'd meant to post this picture that day, but things just got away from me.)

No comments: