Monday, July 31, 2017

Sundays And Flowers

There I was at work, discussing a vitally important issue with my supervisor, when he suddenly stopped in the middle of our vitally important discussion, folded his hands and asked, "Would you want to work on Sunday?"

I laughed heartily, and we finished discussing our vitally important issue, whereupon I went back to my work area and began my preparations for the day.

Sometime later, I thought, "Wait a minute..."  I went and found Supervisor and asked him, "Were you serious about the Sunday thing?"  He said yep, he'd gotten the e-mail just this morning saying they're going to run one line on Sundays for the next 5 or 6 weeks.

I said, "OK, then, sign me up."  He said I must love punishment, and I replied that no, I love the idea of getting out of debt.  Therefore, I will be working Sundays for a while.

It's been so long since we've worked Sundays, I don't even remember the last time I worked a 7 day week.  I don't understand.  Opening up third shift was supposed to give us that extra boost to our productivity so we wouldn't need to work so much overtime, but we are further behind than ever.

Not sure how that happened, but there it is.

In gardening news, my Forget-Me-Nots have finally started to bloom.


This picture doesn't do the color justice.  They are really bright blue.

It was slightly less hot over the weekend, so I was about to get out and get some yard work done.  In addition too mowing and weedeating, I started pulling out some of the weeds and stuff that have grown up in my fence line.  Then, just for kicks, I took my sledgehammer and splitting wedge out and split a couple of logs.  Just to see if I could do it.

I decided to save the rest of the splitting until Fall.

No comments: