Thursday, July 27, 2017

And Flop

Just like that, no more 3:00 AM mornings.  They flip flop on my overtime so much that I'm starting to feel like a ping pong ball.  The way it happened is as follows. 

There I was at work, just a working away, when Third Shift Supervisor came by and said, "All day shift people go back to coming in at 7:00, unless [Your Supervisor] has you coming in for him."  I wasn't surprised.  I said to myself when they first asked me to come in earlier, "Third Shift Production Superintendent is handing out overtime like beads at a Mardi Gras parade.  It won't be long before they try to cut it all out."  Line 4 alone had six extra people coming in at 3:00 in addition to normal third shift staffing -- and that was just the front of the line.  I don't know how many were coming in on the back of the line.  Having so many people coming in early kind of defeats the purpose of opening up a third shift in the first place.

Before I left for the day, I checked with My Supervisor and he said, "You are coming in for me."  He told me to go back to coming in at 5:00 and keep on doing what I was doing before.  I'm not mad.  Getting up at 2:00 AM was not fun.  Now, I get to sleep in until 3:30!!

Aaaand I realize how sad that sounds.

Third Shift Group Leader wasn't too happy that I'm not coming in any more, but what can I do?  I'm just a peon, and it isn't my call.  Second Shift Supervisor, on the other hand, will be ecstatic that I can stay over with him for a couple of hours.  I'm just over here like, as soon as I get this dental work and credit card paid off, I'm done with all this overtime.

On to more pleasant things...

I decided a while back I was going to take up letter writing again.  Not text.  Not e-mail.  Good old fashioned longhand on paper send it through the snail mail letter writing.

I got my fountain pens.



I got my sealing wax and stamps.


I got three different kinds of stationery.  


I even got some books to help improve my handwriting.


As of this date, I have written exactly zero letters.  That's right.  Not one. 


I wasn't going to say anything.  Some of you were just going to be surprised when you checked your mail.  I guess now you won't be.

On the other hand, by the time I get around to actually writing a letter or two, you will have forgotten -- or given up hope -- and it will be a surprise.

P.S. If you want a letter, message me with your address and eventually I'll get around to writing you one.

No comments: