Monday, July 24, 2017

Just Like That

My life has become an endless cycle of work, mowing, laundry, and scooping the cat pan...

and apparently writing the same blog post over and over again. 

Blogging is about to become light again.  I got to work this morning and the third shift sub brazer had messed up another order.  He'd brazed the adapter tubes in the wrong place.  You can't really blame him, though.  They give new people just enough training to make them dangerous, then throw them into the deep end by themselves. 

Be that as it may, he'd messed up an order for the third day in a row.  This time, he got mad and walked out.  I told Third Shift Group Leader I'd be surprised if he came back, to which TSGL replied, "I don't want him back -- at least not as a sub-brazer."    We talked a few more minutes, and to make a long story slightly less long, I'll be going in at 3:00 AM starting tomorrow.  I made sure he cleared it with his Production Superintendent before I agreed to it. 

Man, I need a nap.

It doesn't help that this is SHARK WEEK!!! Sigh...

Since I have to go in early tomorrow...um, excuse me, earlier...I didn't stay over on second shift today.  Instead, I went by the store and bought that sledge hammer after all. 


And I blatantly ripped off my friend Amy's husband and sons and christened said sledge hammer Mjolnir.

Then I bought a splitting wedge. 


 and a machete. 


Mjolnir has already been baptized in concrete.  A couple of years ago, when the plumber replaced all my sewer line, he used pieces of my broken up patio to fill in the old septic tank that was right behind the house.  The top piece was sticking out a bit, and for the last two summers, I've had to mow around it.

As soon as I got home, I took Mjolnir out and knocked the top edge off of that chunk of concrete.  


Then I said to myself, "Self, now that I know this will work, I'll finish when it's less hot out." 

And after Shark Week is over...

No comments: