Thursday, July 06, 2017

Now That I'm Back.

Now that I'm back to blogging, you're probably wondering what I've been doing with myself these last two weeks -- during the long, dark teatime of my soul.  The answer is, not much.  My life has become an endless cycle of work, mowing, laundry, and scooping the cat pan.  Then I sleep about 10 minutes, and get up to do it all over again.

In the brief, few moments I actually have to myself, I've managed to knit a lot more blanket squares, and have started joining them together. 


I've been knitting my new yarn into my two big blankets, but I don't have current pictures of them.  I know some of you are wondering, if I've already got two sock yarn blankets in the works, why on Earth did I start a third?  Well, I'll tell you.  I don't know.  All I can say is that when the knitting grabs a hold of you, all you can do is to give in to it. 

Let's see, I picked the first tomato off of my little plant and ate it on a sandwich.  Then I picked another one, and ate it on another sandwich.  I thought I'd taken a picture of my first little tomato, but I didn't.   Oh well.  Just google it.  Once you've seen one tomato, you've pretty much seen them all.

Hmmm, OK I cleaned out all six snake tanks and put fresh bedding into them.  Then I tidied up the snake/craft/computer room. 


It may not look that clean to you, but you can see floor now.  It's progress.  All my snakes are either 12 or 13 years old now.  Lifespan in captivity is 10-15 years, so they're getting on up there.  When they start going to that great herpetarium in the sky, I'm going to put shelves and cabinets and things in that room, and make a real craft room.  I may even drag my old sewing machine out and start sewing again.  

I bought a Bluejacket's Manual from a used book seller. 


Then I bought another one.


Why?  I don't know.   I've long since given up trying to find an explanation for such things.  I still wish I had MY Bluejacket's Manual -- the one that went through boot camp with me.  I'd given it to Cody when he joined NJROTC in 9th grade, and haven't seen it since. 

What with everything else that has been going on that's got me feeling low, I'm faced with the awareness that my Squeekums won't be with us much longer.


The old girl is pushing 17, which is pretty old for a cat.  This last year, her age has really started to show. I know I'm going to have to let her go soon, but I'm just not ready for it. 

But then, are you ever ready? 

No comments: