Tuesday, June 13, 2017

What Was I Thinking?

Well, our little vacation at work is over.  Group Leader came back today.  I think she was trying to make up for lost time, because it seemed like she was doing her level best to cram two days worth of nagging and pestering into one.  Even Other Sub-Brazer sighed and said, "We had a nice vacation yesterday."  But all good things must come to an end.  Not sure why, but that's just the way it is. 

As happenstance would have it, way back in January, I looked at the calendar and said to myself, "Self, along about June 14, you'll be needing a day off."  And as happenstance would have it, I put in for that day, and got it.  I'll be having a day off tomorrow.

And what am I going to do on my day off?  The plan is to mulch my flower beds and work on cutting up that giant pile of firewood in my back yard.  The reality is, I'll probably sit in front of the TV all day.  I'd briefly thought about going to the zoo, but I've already ruled that out.  Too hot.  I might go to Lowe's.  Then again, I might not. 

The only thing I know for sure I'm not going to do is get up at 3:30 and go to work.

In other news, there has been knitting going on.  Not much, but there has been knitting.  You know how I've had these two sock yarn blankets I've been working on for ages and ages?  Yeah, I had to go and start a third one.

What was I thinking?


Not only did I start a third one, this time I'm making a smaller square.  My other two blankets have a 41 stitch cast on.  This time I decided to go with a 31 stitch cast on.

Again, what was I thinking? 

I don't know.  Maybe lack of sleep has my brain befuddled. 




No comments: