Wednesday, June 14, 2017

My Day Off

The plan for my day off was to get up and go to the zoo.  However, as soon as I saw the weather forecast for today, that plan was quickly scrapped.  I think I will wait and go in the fall, when it's cooled off some. 

I figured the reality would be that I sat in front of the TV all day. 

You will also be pleased to know that that did not happen, though there was plenty of TV watching done.  After sleeping in until 6:30 --now, I know some of you wouldn't consider that to be sleeping in, but when one normally gets up at 3:30, it most definitely is -- first thing I did was to get out and spread mulch in my flower bed.


I didn't do the whole bed, just this half.  


I started mulching the other half, but I'm still waiting for these little Chinese Forget-Me-Nots to do something, so I didn't do the whole thing. 


I said it would be too hot to go to the zoo, so what did I do instead?  I got out and cut firewood.  Yeah, like that's going to be so much less hot. 

It wasn't, by the way.  I was only out there about an hour, and by the time I came inside, I was soaking wet with sweat.  Every time I do something like this, I can't help but think how soft we've gotten.  Our ancestors did this all day, every day.  And they did it without chainsaws.  I have so much respect for their toughness and courage.

But then, they grew up that way.  We didn't.

I hate to go back to work tomorrow, but since I do, I guess I'd better get on to bed now.  3:30 AM comes mighty early these days.


No comments: