Sunday, June 18, 2017

Sunday Hymn

Just a quick point of opinion before we get to our hymn for today.  Personally, I think churches should get back to singing the good old hymns, and not this more modern stuff.  Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the modern stuff.   It's just that most of it is too complex for the average person to sing.  My church often sings things like In Christ Alone, and 10,000 Reasons.  Those are both great songs, and two of my favorites, but they are not really suited for congregational singing.

I've noticed that when those songs are sung, only about 1/3 of the congregation actually sings the whole thing.  Most people start, but quit singing long before the song is done.  However, when these great old hymns are sung, we raise the roof!  We need to get back to that.  We need to get back to singing as an act of worship -- not entertainment. 

Let the amen sound from his people again!


No comments: