Friday, June 16, 2017

Random Thoughts Of A Rainy Friday

1.  Yesterday morning, as I was getting ready for work, I saw a little spider busy weaving a web on my front porch.  I said to the little spider, "Spider, it's too dark to see any markings, but you have the shape and appearance of a Black Widow.  I'm afraid I'm going to have to kill you."  I grabbed a nearby can of wasp spray and did the dirty deed.

2. Yesterday afternoon, when I got home from work, I saw the little spider's little spider carcass still laying on my porch.  I looked, and sure enough, there was the tell tale red hourglass on the little spider's little stomach.  Good thing I assassinated the little bugger.

3.  I was going to take a picture of the little spider's little dead body, but didn't, out of consideration of my arachnophobic friends. 

4.  Some people are addicted to alcohol.  Some people are addicted to nicotine.  Some people are addicted to cocaine.  I seem to be addicted to Zinnias.


This is a Magellan Zinnia.  I'm going to put it into a pot and put it on my front porch.

5.  Speaking of pots, this is a plant James and Beverly gave to me when they moved back to Texas.  


It seems to have outgrown its pot, as it frequently falls over.  I've been looking for a larger pot, but haven't found one.  I think I'm going to swap pots with my garden mum.

6.  My garden mum is growing so much better since I moved it out into direct sunlight.  It might actually bloom this fall.

7.  Man, I need a nap.

8.  I don't have a picture of my garden mum, because it's been raining since I got off work.  I'll be glad when rainy season is almost over.  I had plans for this afternoon.  I'm just glad I went to the store yesterday, even though I forgot half of what I needed.  Yes, I have a list, but when you forget to put said items on said list, said list doesn't do you much good.

9.  Some people get songs stuck in their heads.  I get the alphabet stuck in mine.  Not just any old alphabet, either.  The Spanish alphabet.   I've long since given up trying to find an explanation for such things.  I just roll with it.

10.  That's about it for today.

11.  Man, I need a nap.

12.  Did I already say that? 






No comments: