Monday, May 15, 2017

New Things


Still working long, long hours, so don't expect too much from me in the way of blogging.  It was rough in the plant today.  It was so bad, my supervisor threw up his hands and said, "I give up.  I just give up!"

I did want to show you the new things I've gotten.  Mary Maxim had a sale on sock yarn, so I picked up a few skeins to add to the blanket.


 I bought these, too, not realizing when I ordered them that they are single ply. 


I don't really like single ply yarns for something such as a blanket.  I'm not sure it would hold up to hard wear.  Maybe I can make a few scarves out of it.  My favorite scarf is knit out of single ply, and it's held up for several years now.

Finally, I've finished my front little flower bed.  I've added two marigolds.


And this celosia.  I think that's what it is.  I don't remember right off hand.  


And I finally found some zinnias.  


The one on the lower right has white blooms.  Now, I've just got to weed and put down mulch and it'll be done for this go around. 

Now, do you want to hear something freaky?  We really don't have privacy any more.  Seriously, we don't.   While I was in the Wal-mart garden center, I ran into a coworker.  We chatted a minute, and he said his wife had sent him down to buy a grill.  She wanted a grill, but he just wasn't that into grilling...blah, blah, blah...what we said is not important.  We were talking about grills, that's all.

As I was checking out, some few minutes later, I opened my Facebook app on my phone to make a snarky comment about long lines and only three registers open.  Do you know what I saw?

Ads for grills

I kid you not.  Ads for grills.  I have not searched for grills anywhere, nor priced them on Walmart.com, or Amazon.com.  I have not recently bought a grill.  I haven't really even thought about grills -- until my friend and I had that conversation. Fifteen minutes before I started getting ads for grills.

Maybe that Snowdon fellow was on to something. 

No comments: