Monday, May 08, 2017

Hitting The Fan

Friday morning, there I was at work, just a working away, when Third Shift Supervisor Josh stopped my stand to let me know everything was going to be alright.  He had [another day shift coworker] from [another line way across on the other side of the plant] to start coming in at 3:00 AM and help braze. 

"Oh, that's nice," I said through gritted teeth.  I wasn't going to say anything, because I'd already had my little arrangement with the second shift group leader, but it did make me mad.  If my production superintendent said he didn't need for me to come in early, why is it OK for someone that doesn't even work on that line to come in and do the exact same thing I'd been doing?  It's my line.  If anyone should be coming in early, it should be me -- or at least someone who works on that line.

Still, I kept my mouth shut and went on about my work, inwardly seething.  Sometime after lunch, My own supervisor stopped by to talk to me. He said, "There's something I'm a bit puzzled by..."  He said he'd gotten chewed out by the production superintendent for me coming in early, so he's a bit confused why it's OK for someone from another line to come in and do what I'd been doing.  Basically, the same argument I'd had.  He said he was going to ask about that.  I don't know if he did, because when I went in this morning, she was still coming in early, and I'm still not.  Group Leader Theresa gets back from vacation on Wednesday.  That's when it's really going to hit the fan. 

I'd pay money to see those fireworks. 

I only worked a 10 hour day today.  I told Second Shift Supervisor Rod that I was going home at 5:00.  He asked me, "Do you want to go?"  I said, "If you really need me to, I'll stay, but I'm just tired."  For some reason, working 7:00 to 7:00 exhausts me even more than 3:00 to 3:00 did.  It didn't help that I spent most of last night trying to avoid getting eaten by King Kong. 

Some of say you have nightmares about being naked in public.  If you think that's a nightmare, you have NO idea what nightmares really are.  You have NO idea. 


I long for something so tame as just being naked in public.  


Trust me, you do not want to be in my head while I'm asleep.  I don't even want to be in my head while I'm asleep. 


If I could live without sleep, I'd never close my eyes.

Naked in public...

Amateurs.

No comments: