Monday, May 22, 2017

All Is Right

I woke up this morning in the wee smalls, and went to work before the sun was up.  I walked across the parking lot in the dark, got some ice from the nearly full ice machine, and went over to my work area.  I set up the front of my line, figured out what and where everything was, and began working on partial orders.  I was able to get myself sorted before a bazillion people began accosting me with a bazillion questions.  And all was right in my world...

Until I saw the second shift production superintendent walk around the corner.  It created a sort of cognitive disconnect in my mind, and I just stood there and stared at him, wondering where I was and what I was doing there, and why he was in my world that had just seemed so right a moment ago, and had now descended into total chaos.  He laughed at the look on my face, and that snapped me back to reality.  Our own production superintendent will be out all week, so he will be filling in.

Anyway, I worked an 11 hour day, and am not nearly as tired as I was when I was working 7 - 7. Group Leader tried to get me to start coming in at 4, but I said no.  I told her I don't want to push my luck too much.  I overheard one of the other supervisors saying they were starting grumble about the over time again.  Only my plant would pay an entire shift of workers to avoid paying a few people a couple of hours over time. 

I realize I have been remiss in showing you my new smile.  But first, for comparison, my old smile (and my dear friend Christi)

And my new smile.


Kindly disregard the disheveled state of my hair.  I'd just gotten home from work when I took this photo.   Big difference, isn't it?  I might not be so shamed to smile now. 

Finally, lookit!  I have a little bitty tomato on my little bitty tomato plant!


I can't wait to turn that bad boy into a sandwich!



No comments: